1. Make sure the metal bowl is buckled to the machine with all 4 buckles. The left front buckle has a switch that disables the power to the machine if the bowl is not securely attached.
2. Place the machine on a solid surface. The rubber feet on the bottom of the machine may leave marks on some surfaces, so place a towel under the machine to avoid damage.
3. Turn on the motor for 2 minutes to warm up the machine motor.
4. Turn on the heat, and allow the machine 3-4 minutes to heat up.
5. Pour your sugar floss into a container that allows you to scoop servings with the provided metal scoop (they are single serve scoops, so you can control the finished cone size based on how full the scoop is).
6. Dump the scoop into the middle of the machine head, and immediately start rotating the paper cone above the machine to gather the product. Continue to rotate the cone until the floss has stopped producing.
7. When finished making cotton candy, clean the bowl and dome top. Do not attempt to clean out the machine head. You may wipe down the cabinet of the machine as needed.
CAUTION: The head of the machine and base of the machine gets very hot. Allow the machine adequate time to cool before moving and packing up the machine.